with thanks to my South African friend, Hilton
2 Rolls Frozen Pie dough or your own
1 Pack Spinach
Cooked Chicken Fillets (Smoked Chicken Fillets may also be used)
1 Pack Diced Bacon
1 Red Pepper
1 Yellow Pepper
1 Pack Mushrooms
Defrost dough on cutting board.
Fry onion, peppers and bacon.
Rosemary and Olive & pepper.
1. Lay half of spinach on dough.
2. Cut chicken fillets in strips and place onto spinach.
3. Lay onion and bacon mixture next.
4. Next, mushrooms.
5. Layer the three cheeses next.
6. Finally, the other half of the spinach.
7. Place second roll of dough on top and paint with beaten egg or milk.
8. Close dough all around, like a parcel.
Use braiding with raised edges.
Braise over low heat high above the coals for about 15 minutes, turning frequently until golden brown. Or put into a pan in the oven 375 till cooked through.